The interiors of a house reflect the occupant’s taste, which is why people spend thousands of dollars in rendering the perfect look and feel to their homes. The same can be said about work spaces too. As design trends continue to evolve, people have now started experimenting with newer mediums of interior decoration to add both aesthetics and functionality to their homes and offices. Interior wall cladding is as important a factor as the style of your furniture, the pattern of your upholstery or the lighting in your premises. Gone are the days when conventional paints or wall papers used to cover walls. More and more people are now opting for smart, elegant and cost-effective PVC panels over these alternatives as well as over tiles, marble, stone and wood for interior wall cladding. If you too are thinking of giving your home or office interiors a makeover, here are a few reasons why you should choose PVC panels over other alternatives:
- Universal character: You can nail down a PVC panel horizontally, fix it vertically or install it at any other angle of your choice, both on the walls and the ceilings.
- Durability: PVC panels do not fade and their colour remains as original as you first bought them. They are water and insect-proof. You need not worry about termites eating away into your PVC panel cladding, as they do with wood. All these factors give PVC panels a longer life as compared to paint, wallpaper, tiles or wood.
- Easy installation: Being only 3.5-4kgs per square metre, these panels are very easy to handle and install. You do not need any special tools to install them either.
- Incredible variety: PVC panels are not only light weight as compared to tiles but are also available in a wide variety of colours and patterns. You can use bold colours to blend with the overall colour scheme of your interiors or mix and match unique patterns to lend a creative touch to the space. As a practical alternative to tiles, they add life and vigour to your rooms.
- Low maintenance: Forget scrubbing, power washing and all the toil! PVC panels are very easy to maintain. You can simply wipe them clean with a piece of damp cloth and keep them shining as brand new for years.
- Insulation: PVC panels help to insulate your home interiors and keep the overall temperature inside your room just ideal for you! In doing this, they help to increase the efficiency of your air conditioners or room heaters.
- Flame resistance: PVC panels are fire resistant (up to 60 degrees) and no matter where you install them – whether on the walls or on the ceilings – they give you the highest Class 1 fire rating by AUS/NZ standards, for any finish. Whats amazing for this type of product is after removing the main source of fire – the product is self-extinguishable – the PVC panel does not burn by itself!
- Water resistance: These panels are 100% water resistant, which means you need not worry about damp walls or ceilings anymore (not even in your bathroom!). They are completely moisture and damp proof.
- Anti-mould and insect proof: Most wall paints are not immune to dampness and thus become a breeding ground for moulds and insects (remember dark, wet corners in the kitchen, bathroom or basement?) As against these, PVC panels are completely anti-mould and insect proof and thus, more hygienic too!
- Unlimited applications: Due to their high incredible flexibility, PVC panels are widely used in homes, offices, showrooms, theatres, swimming pools, spas and salons, restaurants and bars and many other places.
PVC panels are attractive, durable and contemporary replacements for painted walls and old and damaged tiles In fact their aesthetic finesse and economic practicability give them an edge over other alternative forms of cladding including marble, stone or wooden.